- While buyers have the option of ordering an inspection service on any vehicle purchased, the BPP coverage will only apply to covered items. Modified vehicles are subject to limited coverage.
- Auction must receive notice of any problems by the close of business either 7 or 14 business days following the sale, depending upon the program option purchased. Sale Day is Day #1.
- Verification of diagnosis and repair estimates will be provided by Auction, or at a shop selected by Auction. The Auction, at its discretion, will cancel the sale or repair the vehicle. Buyers are responsible for promptly moving the vehicle to the inspection or repair facility designated by Auction.
- Vehicles that have been resold, driven excessively, damaged or misused after leaving the auction premises are disqualified from BPP claims eligibility.
- The repair or reimbursement coverage provided by DAA is limited to the maximum amount of coverage according to the level of inspection chosen at the time of sale.
- Any compensation, price adjustment or repairs made under the BPP are subject to Auction’s General Policies and may change from time to time without notice.
- Online physical auction purchases of eligible vehicles will include the purchase of 7-Day Frame & Drive BPP unless specifically declined by the buyer.